There are 26 tram lines and 169 bus lines within the City Transportation System, marked according to the following system:
- x, 1x, 2x, 5x – day tram lines;
- 4x – day supporting and special tram lines;
- 6x – night tram lines;
- 7x – replacement tram lines, such as those operated when others are under repair;
- 8x – special tram lines running during All Saints’ Day celebrations (November 1);
- 1xx – day bus lines;
- 2xx – daily agglomeration bus lines;
- 3xx – day fast agglomeration bus lines;
- 4xx – day bus support lines;
- 5xx – day bus fast lines;
- 6xx – night bus lines;
- 7xx – replacement bus lines, such as those operated when others are under repair;
- 8xx – special bus lines running during All Saints’ Day celebrations (November 1);
- 9xx – night agglomeration bus lines.
Thanks to inter-city agreements, the network covers not only the city of Krakow but also 18 municipalities, thus forming an area of agglomeration transportation.
The network is operated by two operators:
- Municipal Communications Company SA in Krakow carrying out tram and most bus transport;
- Mobilis sp. z o. o. operating on bus lines.