Identification of metropolitan area Responsible authorities Public transport networks Financing/Pricing data City News
Stockholm : Public transport networks
Description of the network
The core of the SL network consists of the metro and commuter train. Rail traffic also consists of suburban railways and tramways. The bus network covers the entire county. Every weekday a total of more than 739 000 travelers travel with SL. The total number of boardings, i.e. segment journeys on a typical weekday is 2,6 million.
Presentation of operating companies
- Arriva operates the tramways Nockebybanan, Saltsjöbanan, Tvärbana, Lidingöbanan and the bus sevices in Bromma, Ekerö, Sigtuna/Upplands Väsby/Vallentuna, Solna/Sundbyberg and Sollentuna.
- Keolis operates the bus services in the inner city of Stockholm, Danderyd, Haninge, Huddinge/Botkyrka, Lidingö, Nacka/Värmdö, Nynäshamn, Söderort, Täby, Vaxholm and Österåker.
- Nobina operates the bus services in Järfälla/Upplands Bro, Norrtälje, Södertälje and Tyresö.
- Roslagståg operates the suburban railway Roslagsbanan.
- Stockholms Spårvägar operates the tramline Spårväg City in central Stockholm.
- MTR operates the metro.
- Stockholmståg operates the commuter train traffic.
|Urban buses||Suburban buses||Tramways||Metro||Heavy rail|
|Number of lines||27||429||9||7||3|
Supply / Demand 2011
|Commuter trains||Metro||Local trains and trams||Bus|
|Network lengh (km)||200||108||113||10032|
|Nb of stops/stations||50||100||108||6000|
|Nb of vehicles||122||513||194||2168|
Current developments and projects
- Work continued in 2011 on the construction of the Citybanan Line, the commuter rail tunnel under central Stockholm which will be complete in 2017.
- The extension of the Tvärbanan orbital line between Alvik and Solna will be opened to traffic in 2013.
- Planned extension of Spårväg City to Ropsten
- New signalling system for the Red Metro Line