Brussels : Responsible authorities
Ministry of the Brussels-Capital Region
Brussels Mobility (AED)
Direction for Strategy
Rue du Progrès 80, boîte 1 - B-1030 Brussels - Belgium
Tél :(32) 2 204 2007- Fax : (32) 2 204 15 10
Responsible person : Minister of Public Works and Transport, Secretary of State of Mobility (delegated authority)
Date of creation : 1989
Status : Administrative Department
The transport authority is divided in two levels:
ministerial level and administrative level.
The administrative level
- studies and proposes a Urban Transport Plan
for the Region to the Minister
- helps the Minister in contracting with the
(public) operator for local transport 
- controls the matters defined in the managing
- participates to the coordination of public
transport schemes in the metropolitan Region
- develops proposals for sustainable mobility that combine the various modes of transport and undertakes awareness raising and training campaigns for schools, businesses and citizens, such as the car-free Sunday, ’Opération cartable’ and many more initiatives throughout the year on the Bruxelles Mobilité (FR/NL) website
The Minister and Secretary of State (delegated authority) have executive responsibility in name of the Government for current management.
The Minister negotiates annually the budget for transport inside the government and fixes the fares after approval by the Government. He submits the Urban Transport Plan to the approval of the Government.
The administrative level works inside the
Administration of Brussels-Capital Region,
Department for Equipment and Mobility (AED),
Direction for Strategy.