Cadiz Bay : Responsible authorities
Edificio Glorieta - Planta 2a - Modulo 3 - Zona Franca - 11011 Cadiz- Spain
Tél: 34 956 012 100 Fax: 34 956 012 108
Contact person : Teresa Rovayo Diaz
The CMTBC president is a representative of the regional government (Junta de Andalucia)
The Consorcio de Transportes de la Bahia de Cadiz (CMTBC) is the public authority responsible for Cadiz Bay, and it is supported by the Regional Government (Junta de Andalucia), the Provincial Government (Diputación de Cadiz), and seven municipalities.
It was created in March 2002.
Among the CMTBC functions are the following:
- Planning of public metropolitan transport infrastructure,
- Planning and authorising provision of transport services. Definition of routes in the network, stops, timetables and control of the services,
- Co-ordination, control, inspection, sanction of the public services, traffic and infrastructure of metropolitan interest,
- Definition of fares framework for the public transport system,
- Management of the electronic ticketing system (integrated-multimodal card),
- Promotion of public transport,
- Definition of the amounts to be paid to the transport companies, in order to compensate them according to the criteria fixed in the Metropolitan Transport Plan.
CMTBC budget will be 8,229,320.33 Euro in 2011.
These funds are used for paying operating costs of public transport operators and CMTBC itself. Infrastructure is not included.
Main revenues: Regional Government (45%), Municipalities (45%), County Council (5%)