Belgrade : Responsible authority
The City of Belgrade is a separate territorial unit and capital city of Serbia, in which the citizens run the local self-government (www.beograd.rs – official website).
The status of the City of Belgrade, the capital of the Republic of Serbia, is regulated by the Law on the Capital and the Statute of the City of Belgrade. The City of Belgrade have competences delegated to the municipality and city by the Constitution and the Law, and other competences are delegated to it in accordance with the Law on the Capital.
The governing bodies of the City of Belgrade include:
- City Assembly
- City Council
- City Administration of the City of Belgrade, of which the Secretariat for Public Transport is a part which is in charge of the public transport of the City with its head being Dr. Jovica Vasiljević, Secretary.
Secretariat for Public Transport, pursuant to Art. 46a of the Decision on City Administration of the City of Belgrade (“Official Gazette of the City of Belgrade” No. 126/2016, 2/2017, 36/2017 and 92/18), conducts activities relating to:
The Secretariat for Public Transport performs activities related to public transport of passengers performed on the territory of the city, as follows:
- organization, manner of performing and using urban and suburban passenger transport, which includes public regular transport by bus, trolleybus, tram, metro, cable car, passenger ship, ferry and boat for economic purposes, as well as providing places for embarking and disembarking of passengers, except for places for which the competence of another organizational unit is prescribed;
- organization and manner of performing charter transport;
- transport by city railway;
- organization of transport in local regular shipping;
- organization and manner of performing taxi transport;
- issuing a decision on fulfilment of conditions for performing limo service, keeping records of carriers that have the right to perform limo service and determining fulfilment of conditions for performing limo service and
- other tasks in this area in accordance with the law, the city statute and other regulations. The Secretariat also performs the following tasks related to:
- drafting of normative acts within the scope of the Secretariat;
- deciding in the first instance in administrative matters within its competence;
- conducting public procurement in the field of public transport;
- improvement of energy efficiency in the public passenger transport system;
- providing license rights and consulting and service services for “ORACLE ERP” software solutions implemented in the public utility company;
- development of new subsystems and introduction of new subsystems and technologies in the field of public
- regular passenger transport and informing users;
- study-analytical work in the field of design and construction of traffic infrastructure;
- public transport regimes in regular conditions, as well as in conditions of temporary occupations (works, manifestations, promotions, supplies, etc.);
- management and maintenance of elevators that are in the public ownership of the city and which are an integral part of the equipment of public transport infrastructure in the function of public urban and suburban passenger transport, maintenance of road surfaces in traffic lanes with tram tracks intended exclusively for public transport vehicles and maintenance of green areas within the tram gardens; traffic - technical conditions for planning documentation (spatial and urban plans) and development of urban projects and implementation of a unified procedure in the procedure of issuing location conditions for the preparation of technical documentation;
- tariff policy and revenue control and other activities in the areas within the scope of the Secretariat in accordance with the law, the city statute and other regulations. The Secretariat supervises the work of public utility companies and entities entrusted with the activity of public regular transport.
Secretariat for Public Transport address
Gradska uprava grada Beograda
SEKRETARIJAT ZA JAVNI PREVOZ
27. marta 43-45
Website : www.bgprevoz.rz
Secretary : Mr Predrag Lukic