Identification of metropolitan area Responsible authority Public transport networks Financing / Pricing datas City news
Krakow : Public transport networks
There are 26 tram lines and 169 bus lines within the City Transportation System, marked according to the following system:
- x, 1x, 2x, 5x - day tram lines;
- 4x - day supporting and special tram lines;
- 6x - night tram lines;
- 7x - replacement tram lines, such as those operated when others are under repair;
- 8x - special tram lines running during All Saints’ Day celebrations (November 1);
- 1xx - day bus lines;
- 2xx - daily agglomeration bus lines;
- 3xx - day fast agglomeration bus lines;
- 4xx - day bus support lines;
- 5xx - day bus fast lines;
- 6xx - night bus lines;
- 7xx - replacement bus lines, such as those operated when others are under repair;
- 8xx - special bus lines running during All Saints’ Day celebrations (November 1);
- 9xx - night agglomeration bus lines.
- Fig. Municipal network of public transport information (source: Krakow in numbers 2020)
Thanks to inter-city agreements, the network covers not only the city of Krakow but also 18 municipalities, thus forming an area of agglomeration transportation.
The network is operated by two operators:
- Municipal Communications Company SA in Krakow carrying out tram and most bus transport;
- Mobilis sp. z o. o. operating on bus lines.