Valencia : Responsible authorities
Av. Enric Valor, 13 - E-46100 Burjassot - Spain
Tel: 34 96 316 07 00 - Fax: 34 96 316 07 13
Date of creation: 2001
Status: Public body depending on regional administration
Staff : 39 persons (2011)
The Public Transport Metropolitan Valencia, constitutes public law entity subject to private law, Law 9 / 2000 of 23 November, the Generalitat Valenciana, assuming all responsibilities for the management of scheduled services travelers general purpose and special in that area and the area of joint provision of taxi Valencia.
-* aVM manages all the comptetences in regular metropolitan services except those belonging to the regional Minister of Transport
- aVM also manages the taxi sector of the metropolitan area of Valencia
- aVM is responsible for the planning in the metropolitan transport area of Valencia
- aVM provides information about transport services in the metropolitan area of Valencia
- aVM handles the sales network of integrated tickets
- aVM supplies statistics and carries out studies about the metropolitan transport system of Valencia
- aVM builds infrastructure transport works entrusted from the regional Minister of Transport
The “Agencia Valenciana de Movilidad” (aVM, Valencian Agency Mobility) is a public body which depends on regional government. It is the public transport authority for the metropolitans areas of Valencia region. aVM was created by a regional law passed in 2000 and started operating in 2001.
The Board comprises 18 members: the president, who is the director of the regional transport (Minister for Infrastructure, Planning and Environment), 3 Vice Presidents, the mayors of the three provincial capitals, a representative Valencian Federation of Municipalities, 5 members representing the regional government, a member of the national government, the director of the AVM and technical managers of the three provinces, a representative of the taxi industry, a representative of operators of public services transport, and the secretary.
aVM was created to manage the cooperation smoothly between the regional government and the municipalities in the field of planning and coordination of public transport . Another main role of the aVM is the task of reorganization of the taxi sector.
|Expenditure status||Million Euros||Million Euros|
|Purchases of goods and services||3,316||2,204|
|Income status||Million Euros||Million Euros|