EMTA 10th Anniversary Conference - 27 November 2008 - Paris (France)
1. EMTA celebrates 10 years of activity on 27 November In Paris.
- Since 1998 EMTA has served as a joint forum for the European metropolitan transport authorities for exchanging information and disseminating the best practices in the field of urban transport.
- To celebrate the decade, Hannu Penttilä President of EMTA and Jean Paul Huchon President of the Regional Council of Ile de France and president of STIF invite you to a conference in presence of Gilles Savary Member of Parliament Chairman of TRAN committee, on 27 November from 14:30 to 18:30 at Region Ile-de-France 57 Rue de Babylone 75007 Paris.
- The aim of the conference is to acknowledge the role of metropolitan transport authorities as fore front actors in the implementation of sustainable urban transport policies Europe-wide and discuss the challenges yet to be overcome notably from a financial point of view.
Download the program
14:30 Welcome : Jean–Paul HUCHON President of Region Ile-de-France President of STIF
Introduction: Hannu PENTTILA President of EMTA
Presentation of main features of the Action Plan on “Towards a new culture for Urban Mobility” by Gilles Savary Member of Parliament Chairman of TRAN committee..
Round table 1 :
Urban transport policies, how to support sustainable development
Round table 2 :
The challenge of financing public transport
18:30 : End of session.
3. Registration and practical informations
Please don’t forget to use the "EMTA" code to get the negociated prices
4. Technical visits proposed only on EMTA special invitation
3 separate Technical visits will be proposed on 27 november morning. You could find below a summary of those, then you could fill the invitation you should receive in a couple a days.
Meeting Point for all visits : Outside St François Xavier Metro station.
- Visit n°1 : M14 and Vogeo Automatic metro line and river public transport experimentation
The visits should start at 8h45 and finish for 11h30.
- Visit n°2 : T3 and T2 works New T3 tramway (deserving the south of the city) and the work to connect T2 (deserving the west of the city) to T3
The visits should start at 8h30 and finish for 11h30.
- Visit n°3 T4 and AGC Light Tram/train and new hybrid Diesel/Electric Train deserving the Eastern Suburb of Paris
The visits should start at 9h00 and finish for 11h30.
Updated : September 5, 2008