- Identification of metropolitan area
- Responsible authorities
- Public transport networks
- Financing/Pricing data
- City News
Alte Bleiche 5 - 65719 Hofheim - Germany
Tel : 49 61 922 94 101 - Fax : 49 61 922 94 940
Managing Director: Volker Sparmann / Hansjörg Röhrich
Date of creation: July 1994
Status: Public Corporation
The local public transport law in the state of Hesse transfers responsibility for regional public transport (rail and bus) to the administrative districts, larger cities including cities with more than 50.000 inhabitants. The structure of RMV as a district network results in a separation of political responsibility and corporate realization.
This structure already corresponds with the competition requirements, whereby the commissioning body and the provider of local transport services may not be interlinked. The RMV is responsible for the regional passenger rail transport system and the regional bus service. It contracts regional transport services as they are required by the cities and districts in the network in its function as service commissioning agency. In addition it organises points of intersection with long-distance transport services as well as connections to local transport networks.
The Rhein-Main-Verkehrsverbund (RMV) has six different divisions within its organisation:
- Planning develops the Integrated Timetable (ITF). The ITF is an instrument designed to offer optimum connections. This division aquired a guideline for the development of regional public transport (rail and bus).
- The Ordering and Contracting division maintains RMV’s efficiency and is also responsible for the quality check. The division orders the public transport services for regional operating companies.
- The Marketing division is responsible for marketing and transport research, sales, distribution and tariff. RMV is responsible for marketing within its area.
- The Controlling division does the budget planning, controlling and allocation of revenues for the local partners and for the RMV GmbH.
- The division Infrastructure Management has to organise the vehicle management. The goal is to provide vehicles to all rail transport suppliers. The management of the stations and rail infrastructure is the second branch of this field.
- The division Innovation is concerned with new technologies and new business development, for example electronic ticketing and internet based customer services.
1.2 Billion € in total. Approximately 620 Mio revenues. Coverage of cost approximately 50 %