- City news
- Identification of metropolitan area
- Responsible authorities
- Public transport system
- Financing / Pricing data
The goal of BKSZ Kht. is the establishment of a full-scope transport co-operation beyond the tarif integration, provision of a harmonized time table selection and a harmonized development of infrastructure, network and services.
Now the activities of the BKSZ Kht. are mainly coordinative and preparatory. BKSZ Kht. does not run directly public transport modes. The basic tasks of BKSZ Kht. are :
- To survey and monitor the needs of the public transport
- To determine the compensation (balancing the revenue losses) for the public transport providers
- Monitoring and promoting the sales of Budapest Combined Passes
- Marketing of the Budapest Combined Passes (BEB) and BKSZ itself
- To elaborate proposals related to the further tariff integration
- To coordinate between the authorities and the service providers
- To develop a unified passenger information system
- To clarify the timetables of public transport scheduled services and initiate their approval
- To ensure transfer links and connections more efficiently.
- Elaboration of the basics of the tariff integration
The Budapest Transport Organization Public Benefit Company (BKSZ Kht.) was established on the 28th of June 2005 by the Ministry of Economy and Transport, the Municipality of Budapest, and the Municipality of Pest County.
Operation of the BKSZ Kht. : 209 million HUF (0.8 million €)
Revenue loss compensation : 1.271 million HUF (5 million €)
Managing directors :
Staff : 8