- Identification of metropolitan area
- Responsible authorities
- Public transport networks
- Financing/Pricing data
- City News
Muntaner 315-321 - 08021 Barcelona - Spain
Tél : (34) 93 362 00 20 - Fax : (34) 93 414 31 31
General manager : M.Ramon Seró
contact: Xavier Rosello
Date of constitution: 19th March 1997
Status: Consortium of local and regional authorities
Personnel: 31 (2012)
The ATM, Authority of Metropolitan Transport, founded in 1997, is an inter-administrations consortium of all administrations responsible for public transport services in the metropolitan region of Barcelona. Currently, the consorted Administrations are:
- Generalitat de Catalunya, Government of Catalonia
- Local Government:
- Municipality of Barcelona.
- AMB, Àrea Metropolitana de Barcelona: 36 municipalities neighbouring Barcelona
- AMTU: City Councils with urban transport out of AMB area.
- The Spanish Government is not a member of the consortium but is represented on the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee as an observer.
The Board of Directors is the highest directing body of the ATM, and it is constituted by 20 members: 9 nominated by the Generalitat de Catalunya and 9 by the Local Governments, 2 representatives of the Spanish Government as observers, the general manager and the board’s secretary. The conseller (minister) of Territory and Sustainability of the Generalitat de Catalunya is its president and its two vice-presidents are the major of Barcelona and the president of the Àrea Metropolitana de Barcelona.
- Infrastructure planning (Infrastructure Master Plan)
- Coordination of the services offered by the (public and private) operators (Service Plan)
- System financing by the various administrations (financing agreements)
- Contracts with operators
- Fare Policy: Fare Integration and annual price review
- Execution of infrastructure projects (tram,...)
- Communication: definition and promotion of the system’s corporate image
- Drafting of the Mobility Master Plan for the Barcelona Metropolitan Region
The ATM budget in 2012 is 1,098.4 millions.
How to get to ATM office