- Identification of metropolitan area
- Responsible authorities
- Public transport networks
- Pricing data ; Financing and developments
- City News
Identification of metropolitan area
Description of metropolitan area :
The Warsaw metropolitan area is the fastest-growing region of Poland. The engine of its development is the capital city of Warsaw. Warsaw is divided into 18 districts. In the region there are many other towns and communities, which cooperate with Warsaw in order to organize a metropolitan transport system.
Main figures :
- Surface: Warsaw: 518 km2, Metropolitan Area: 3 000 km2
Warsaw: 1 750 000 inh.
Metropolitan Area: 2 600 000 inh.
- Employment: Warsaw: 780 000 jobs
- GDP/inh: 25 000 EUR
Map showing the region within the country :
Map of the region :