- Identification of metropolitan area
- Responsible authorities
- Public transport networks
- Financing/Pricing data
- City News
Funding of public transport (2006)
- 46% Revenues by passengers
- 24% State government of Germany
- 14% Municipal authorities
- 16% Federal State government of Hesse.
1.2 Billion Euro total.
Financing of the basic regional range of services is achieved by using fare revenues. Transfer payments from the national government to the state use funds from the regionalisation law and equalisation payments.
The additional regional range of services on offer in the cities and districts are covered by financing according to the partnership model. This means that 50% of the higher costs created by additional supply are in principle financed by state funds and 50% by the area bodies where the population benefits from the improved services. The cooperation grant is a further fund intended to equalize the losses resulting from unified pricing policy and harmonization introduced by the RMV fare system in the entire network area.
|Operations||69 %||6 %||14 %||4 %||7 %||18 Million Km|
|Operations||35 %||9 %||16 %||16 %||24 %||620 Millions €|
The passenger uses only one ticket that allows him or her to travel through the entire RMV-region. This is a huge advantage and has increased the acceptance of the public transport system in the last few years.
The network pricing system is an area zone system, dividing the network area into tariff zones.
Ticket assortment :
- Single ticket (adults, children, apprentices)
- Short-haul ticket
- Season ticket (day, weekly, monthly, annual, day ticket for groups)
- 9 o`clock ticket (discount for passengers riding after 9 o`clock during the week).
- Job ticket
- Student ticket
- Combination ticket
Current developments and Projects
- Infrastructure: Set up of a planning company for a new by-pass railway track for the suburban train system
- Ticketing: Enlargement of mobile phone ticketing (JAVA-Technology and introduction of RMV mobile phone ticketing with NFC- Technology). Implementation of RMV internet based sales and distribution.
- Institutional: Development of a “Competence Center Mobility” (KCM) with regional public transport and scientific stakeholders (RMV, Operators, Universities).
- Marketing: Development of a Customer Relationship management system.
- Rolling Stock: Enlargement of the fleet of the regional Rolling Stock Company – fahma GmbH.
- Mobility plans: Progression of an integrated plan for mobility (infrastructure for individual and public transport, intelligent transport systems, traffic management).
- National Projects: Coordination of a nationwide public transport information system with special regard to the requirements of passengers with reduced mobility.